[Fosc] May 12 Board of Director's meeting

Carl Kohnert cckohnert at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 10 12:12:15 PDT 2010

 Friends of Sausal Creek will hold its monthly Board meeting this Wednesday, May 12th, from 7-9 pm at the Park Blvd. Presbyterian Church, 1st floor conference room. The agenda for the meeting is shown below. All are welcome. Additionally, I want to thank the 245 volunteers who worked in the watershed on Earth Day. It was a wonderful day for our community. Please see the upcoming events below for opportunities to inform yourselves, participate in, and work in the watershed. We offer many ways for you to be involved in the Sausal Creek organization. Thanks again for all you do to support the Friends of Sausal Creek.

Carl Kohnert
FOSC Board President

Friends of Sausal Creek - Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 7-9pm
Park Blvd. Presbyterian Church, 4101 Park Blvd., 1st Floor, Oakland

7:00  Come to order

7:05  Approval of April 2010 Board Minutes

7:10  Committee Reports
	Education Committee
	Fundraising Committee
Nursery Committee
	Restoration Committee
	Watershed Enhancement Plan Committee

7:30  Executive Director’s Report
	Grants Update
Alameda Countywide Clean Water Program - Educational Services
å Conservancy (Dimond Park Demonstration Garden)
Five Star
Oakland Fund for Children and Youth (Summer Program)
Regional Board (Watershed Enhancement Plan)
San Francisco Foundation
Projects Update
Pallid manzanitas
	Board Member Support
		Feedback on Earth Day / Recommendations for Creek-to-Bay Day
		Fundraising Sign-Up Sheet
	Fall Plant Sale & Nursery Ribbon Cutting
		Dimond Picnic (July 18)
		National Night Out (August 3)

8:10  Calendar Review and Discussion

8:20  Outreach Action Items
	June-July ’10 Newsletter submissions due May 19

8:30  Closed Session – Business Meeting

9:00  Adjourn

Upcoming Events:
Dimond Park Restoration Workday – Saturday, May 15, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, May 15, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
“Shoot the Shed”—A Photographic Survey – Saturday, May 22, 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
buildOn End of Year Event (crew leaders needed) – Saturday, May 22, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Beaconsfield Canyon Workday – Saturday, May 29, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, May 29, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wood Park Cleanup and Potluck – Saturday, June 5, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Shepherd Canyon Park Workday – Saturday, June 5, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, June 5, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.