[Fosc] Fwd: Native Plants and ecosystems win one

Barbara Goldenberg mrsgoldie at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 20:14:10 PDT 2010

IN conjunction with the FEMA grant awarded to Oakland Wildfire Prevention et al 2 years ago, there will be a EIS/EIR prepared covering "the EastBay Hills", and covered by a $million + grant obtained for us by Dianne Feinstein from "Homeland Security" - More details will soon be available.

This should cover the impacts of projects done not only by Oakland Fire Prevention, but also UCBerkeley, EBMUD and EBRPD - as to date even the studies done have been stand alone, and never looked at cumulative effects, year over year, project next to project.  I think even the Caldecott Tunnel 4th bore project gets into this.

At the moment, even our goat clearing for this high weeds year is temporarily deferred.

Barbara G