[Fosc] Sausal Creek Watershed Enhancement Plan

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Thu May 20 10:47:16 PDT 2010

The Friends of Sausal Creek is pleased to announce the completion of a
three-year assessment of the Sausal Creek Watershed. No small task, this
thorough research document contains a study of the hydrology of the
Sausal Creek Watershed, from plant and animal life to the strength of
high water flows, the effects these have on the land and the water
quality, and much more. This document will inform decisions on future
developments and restorations in the watershed. You can download the
document in its entirety or in sections at
http://www.sausalcreek.org/watershedplan.html.

This document was prepared by Laurel Marcus and Associates, NewFields
River Basin Services, and Hydrologic Systems Inc. It was funded by The
San Francisco Foundation's Bay Fund and the State Water Resources
Control Board under Proposition 40, the California Clean Water, Clean
Air, Safe Neighborhood Parks, and Coastal Protection Act of 2002.

*We invite you to read and comment on this document,* which we proudly
consider to be a living document, a work-in-progress. Please email
comments to coordinator at sausalcreek.org
<mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org>.

As we neared the end of the project, the State of California froze the
bond funds; when the money was unfrozen, we had a very short time
schedule for completing the work, and were unable to provide a draft
document and host FOSC and community meetings to get feedback as we had
originally planned. FOSC and other community input will be extremely
important as we analyze and prioritize the recommended actions. We also
want to hear about aspects of the watershed that you feel were not
sufficiently analyzed in the plan, and any actions or further study
you'd like to recommend.

At our member meeting on September 15, 2010, we will make a presentation
on this document and invite community members to discuss the plan and
participate in prioritizing the recommendations and assessing additional
research needed. All comments received via email will be collated and
distributed at this meeting.

*/Thank you for your help!
/*

e-mail:  coordinator at sausalcreek.org