[Fosc] Nursery event tomorrow and other dates...

megan hess meghess80 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:52:02 PDT 2010

We've got a lot to do at the nursery this summer, so please stop by on one of the dates below to help out!  Note that some of the events this summer will start early in the day, to avoid the late afternoon heat.  Stay tuned for some upcoming evening restoration workdays in Dimond and other locations as well!

Nursery Work Days at the Joaquin Miller Park Native Plant Nursery, 3594 Sanborn Rd, Oakland
·    Saturday, June 5th, 1:30-4:30pm
·    Saturday, June12th, 1:30-4:30pm
·    Saturday, June 26th, 1:30-4:30pm
·    Saturday, July 10th, 9am-3pm
·    Saturday, July 17th, 9am-3pm
Join the Friends of Sausal Creek for a morning or afternoon of native plant propagation, including sowing, transplanting, cuttings and maintenance.  You can join us for all or part of each workday. Bring layers and water; we provide tools, gloves, instruction and snack.  Drop-ins welcome.  Minors need a guardian to sign a waiver.  Contact Megan at field at sausalcreek.org to RSVP.

Creek Restoration Work Days, Dimond Park, 3860 Hanly Rd., Oakland
·        Saturday, June 12th, 9am-noon
Join FOSC to remove invasive species, spread mulch, and clean-up the creek.  We’ll meet at the Scout Hut (between the basketball court and restrooms) at 8:45am to sign-in and grab tools. Be prepared for any type of weather and wear layers.  Tools, gloves, instruction and snack provided; please bring a refillable water bottle.  Contact Megan at field at sausalcreek.org for more information, or to RSVP for groups of six or more.