[Fosc] Creek events tomorrow...

megan hess meghess80 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 14:05:25 PDT 2010

FOSC events for Saturday, June 12th:

Creek Restoration Work Days, Dimond Park, 3860 Hanly Rd., Oakland
9am-noon
Join FOSC to remove invasive species, spread mulch, and clean-up the creek.  We’ll meet at the Scout Hut (between the basketball court and restrooms) at 8:45am to sign-in and grab tools. Be prepared for any type of weather and wear layers.  Tools, gloves, instruction and snack provided; please bring a refillable water bottle.  Contact Megan at field at sausalcreek.org for more information, or to RSVP for groups of six or more.

Aquatic Insect Monitoring
Come join FOSC in your local stream for insect sampling! We will provide the tools, just wear warm clothing, bring a towel to sit on, and come ready to get wet and experience unusual local wildlife in Sausal Creek! Contact Eddie Dunbar, insectnet at aol.com, (510) 506-2837 to get involved.

Nursery Work Days at the Joaquin Miller Park Native Plant Nursery, 3594 Sanborn Rd
1:30pm-4:30pm
Join the Friends of Sausal Creek for an afternoon of native plant propagation, including sowing, transplanting, cuttings and maintenance.  You can join us for all or part of each workday. Bring layers and water; we provide tools, gloves, instruction and snack.  Drop-ins welcome.  Minors need a guardian to sign a waiver.  Contact Megan at field at sausalcreek.org to RSVP.