[Fosc] July 14 Board of Director's Meeting

Carl Kohnert cckohnert at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 12 19:56:31 PDT 2010

The Friends of Sausal Creek will hold its monthly Board meeting this Wednesday, July 14 from 7-8:45pm, at the Park Street Presbyterian Church in the first floor conference room. All are welcome to attend. The agenda for the meeting is attached below. Please note this is a change of location from our Native Plant Nursery where we had planned to meet. Due to a scheduled performance at the Woodminster Theater on Wednesday night we wanted to avoid parking difficulties as well as competing with their sound system. So if you plan to attend, please join us at our usual meeting location at the Presbyterian Church on Park Blvd.

I want to call to your attention the Upcoming Events for FOSC. One in particular is our next Member Meeting on Wednesday July 21 at 7 pm. The City of Oakland will present to the community its plan for a Restoration project in Dimond Park. This presentation will discuss the proposed daylighting of a part of Sausal Creek within Dimond Park. Your attendance and participation regarding
this proposed project is encouraged. As usual there are a number of work days in the watershed where volunteers like yourselves can join us in helping to maintain and enhance our watershed. Summer is a great time to join us as an individual,family or a group. We always enjoy your help and support. Thank you for your continuing interest in FOSC and the Sausal Creek watershed.

Carl Kohnert
FOSC Board President

Friends of Sausal Creek - Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 7-9 p.m.
Park Blvd. Presbyterian Church, 4101 Park Blvd., 3rd Floor, Oakland

7:00  Come to Order

7:05  Board Photograph for Website

7:10  Approval of June 2010 Board Minutes

7:15  Committee Reports
	Education Committee
	Fundraising Committee
		Clif Bar
		The Clorox Company Foundation
		Five Start Restoration Grant Application (FOSC led)
		Fundraising Committee Approach, Sign-Up Sheet
Nursery Committee
June 23 meeting report
Propagation class
	Restoration Committee

7:50  President’s Report
	Wellington St. Project, July 21 Member Meeting

8:00  Executive Director’s Report
	Cash Flow Projections
	Draft Budget FYE 6/30/11
	Fish monitoring, illegal fishing, signage, and outreach
	Board Member Support
		Dimond Picnic Tabling - July 18, 1:15-3:45 p.m. shift
		Donation Requests for Creek-to-Bay Day
		Nursery Flyers, help at Nursery workdays
		Review of Trails Map
	Summer Schedule:  Out of contact July 31-August 8

8:35  Calendar Review

8:40  Outreach Action Items
	Newsletter deadline July 21

8:45  Closed Session

9:00  Adjourn

Upcoming Events:
Bridgeview Trail Restoration – Thursday, July 15, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Bird Monitoring – Saturday, July 17, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, July 17, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Dimond Picnic – Sunday, July 18, 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Member Meeting on Dimond Park Restoration Project – Wednesday, July 21, 7:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, July 24, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Beaconsfield Canyon Workday – Saturday, July 31, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, August 7, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Shepherd Canyon Park Workday – Saturday, August 7, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, August 21, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monterey Redwoods Restoration – Thursday, August 26, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Nursery Workday – Saturday, August 28, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Beaconsfield Canyon Workday – Saturday, August 28, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Member Meeting on Watershed Plan – Wednesday, September 15, 7:00 p.m.