[Fosc] August Activities

Carl Kohnert cckohnert at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 21:13:06 PDT 2010

Dear Friends of Sausal Creek,

Just a short update to remind you that August is vacation month for our Board and we will not have a Board meeting.

I hope you all are enjoying your summer. The mild weather and wet spring are keeping our beautiful creek flowing nicely through the dry season.

Perhaps you can enjoy a hike in the watershed or maybe a picnic in the parks where Sausal Creek flows. If you would like to help out this month there are two dates, both Saturday's, August 21 and 28 from 9 am to 1 pm where we will be concentrating our work efforts at our Joaquin Miller Native Plant Nursery finalizing the construction of a new shade structure, fine tuning a state of the art satellite smart irrigation controller system and sprucing everything up for a big Native Plant sale and ribbon cutting program on October 24. We have tasks for all skill levels. Individuals, groups and families are welcome. So if you want to get out into the watershed, enjoy nature and lend a hand we'd love to see you.

As always, thanks for your ongoing support and interest in FOSC.

Carl Kohnert
Board President