[Fosc] Plant Hikes September 3rd & 10th, and Nursery Events

megan hess meghess80 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:45:00 PDT 2010

Plant Hikes:
There is a trail re-routing project in Joaquin Miller Park the weekend of September 10th-12th led by V-O-Cal ( http://v-o-cal.org/ ).  Prior to that weekend, we're going to be salvaging plants for the nursery before the new section of trail is made.  This Friday and next, we will meet at the Big Trees Trailhead off of Skyline Blvd. at 10am to hike the new route and collect plants along the way by carefully digging them up.  Please join if you can!    Directions: Once you turn onto Skyline Blvd. from Joaquin Miller Rd., look for the "Robert's Recreation" sign on your right after about 1 mile, and about 500ft after that, park in one of the turnouts.  The trailhead will be on your left.

Nursery Events:
This weekend we need your help at the nursery to continue work on the shade structure.  Thanks to a great crew this past Saturday, the posts are set and its time to hoist the poles!  Please join us this Saturday, 9/4, from 9am-1pm to help out.

Other nursery dates coming up:

Saturday, 9/11, 9am-1pm
Saturday, 9/18, 1:30-4:30pm
Saturday, 9/25, 9am-noon