[Fosc] Creek-to-Bay Day Event Locations

megan hess meghess80 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:21:28 PDT 2010

Volunteer to lead a crew! We are still in need of more crew leaders at Dimond Park next Saturday.  Please contact me at (510)325-9006 if you are able to help out.  We will meet at the project site to go over details beforehand, so that you'll be prepared to take on a successful project with your crew.  The more leaders we have, the more effective our work will be!
Creek-to-Bay Day Event Locations
Please join FOSC in the Sausal Creek watershed next Saturday, 9/25, to
restore habitat and clean-up the creek!  See below for event details.

Barry Place: 9am-noon.  Spend a morning restoring habitat and cleaning up the creek!  Please wear sturdy work clothes and shoes, and bring water.  Tools and instruction provided.  Minors need a signed waiver to participate.  Contact Sheelah at sheelahw at juno.com with questions and to RSVP.
Directions from the North: Take 580 East (toward Hayward) and exit Fruitvale Ave (exit 23).  Turn Right onto Fruitvale Ave, then Right onto E. 27th St., then another Right onto Barry Place.  Park on Barry Place.  Driving directions map at http://www.sausalcreek.org/pdf/barry_place.pdf.

Beaconsfield Canyon: 9am-noon.  Volunteer Restoration Workday led by Richard Kauffman. All are welcome. Meet at the end of Beaconsfield Place. Take Park Bl. east until it dead-ends into Mountain. Turn right and then bear left as Mountain becomes Ascot Drive. Turn left at Chelton, then right at the second intersection. Email Richard at richard at rkcommunications.com for more information.

Dimond Park: 8:30am-noon.  Meet at the Scout Hut at 8:30am to
sign-in and grab some bagels and coffee before we launch into a big day
of restoration projects along the creek! Please wear layers and sun
protection and bring a water bottle and work gloves if you have them.
We will provide tools and instruction. For more information, contact
Megan at field at sausalcreek.org. Minors will need a waiver signed by an
adult to participate. Please RSVP for groups of 6 or more. Hope to see
you there!

Fruitvale Bridge Park: 9am-11am.  Help pick up trash where Sausal Creek enters the estuary.  Meet at Fruitvale Bridge Park, which is at the intersection of Fruitvale Ave. and Alameda Ave.  Please wear sturdy work clothes and bring sun protection and water.  Minors need a signed waiver to participate.  Please contact Megan at field at sausalcreek.org with questions and to RSVP.

JMP Nursery: 9am-noon.  Join us for a morning of native plant propagation and construction projects.  Activities include sowing, transplanting, cuttings and maintenance.  Bring layers and water; we provide tools, gloves, instruction and snack.  Drop-ins welcome.  Minors need a guardian to sign a waiver.  Please contact Megan at field at sausalcreek.org to RSVP.  You are welcome to attend all or part of this event.

Sequoia Arena/Fern Ravine: 9am-noon.  Help restore the wetland and protect redwood understory at the Sequoia Arena in Joaquin Miller Park.   To get there: take Joaquin Miller Rd to Skyline Blvd for about 1 mile, and look for the signs on your left marking the Sequoia Arena Parking lot.  Please bring sun protection, sturdy work clothes and shoes, and water.  Minors need a signed waiver to participate.  For more information or to RSVP, contact Megan at field at sausalcreek.org.

Wood Park: 9am-noon.  WD Wood Park is located just below I-580 north of Fruitvale Ave.  For more information, contact crew leaders Lisa Lemus and Phillip Wong at 534-1480 or lemuswong at aol.com