[Fosc] Native Plant Sale, October 24 - Flyer and Details

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Wed Sep 22 09:10:33 PDT 2010

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

Please help us make the upcoming native plant sale a huge success by
forwarding the below email and attached flyer to your friends and
neighbors. I have already distributed the information to the
Glenfriends, Dimond, Laurel, and Redwood Heights listservs, and will
soon be sending it to our plant sale email list; my apologies if you get
the announcement from multiple sources. We also have a tab flyer
designed for hanging on community bulletin boards; please contact me for
digital or paper copies.

Thank you for your help! I look forward to seeing many of you this
Saturday in Dimond Park for Creek-to-Bay Day, as well as at the plant sale.
Kimra

*****

The Friends of Sausal Creek (FOSC) will hold our fall Native Plant Sale
on *Sunday, October 24*, *10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.* at the Joaquin Miller
Park Native Plant Nursery. Attached please find a flyer so you can help
us spread the word! The flyer can also be downloaded at
http://www.sausalcreek.org/pdf/FOSC_Plant-Sale_2010.pdf .

Native plant experts will be available all day to help shoppers pick
appropriate plants for their specific planting areas. This year’s plant
sale will feature workshops and live music throughout the day to
celebrate completion of the nursery’s expanded shady propagation and
growing area and new teaching circle.

11:00 Native Bees and Your Garden with Jennifer Smith

12:00 Native Bird Connections: Live Owls and Raptors of the Watershed!

12:30 Gardening with Native Plants

1:00 Keeping Urban Chickens with Thomas Kriese

1:30 Growing and Propagating Native Plants with Karen Paulsell

There will also be tables to visit, including Alameda County Master
Gardeners to answer your gardening questions and “The Spider Chick”
Linda Erickson with awesome live arachnids, plus face painting for the
kids. Live music will be provided by Harlan James Bluegrass Band and
Juke Joint Johnny. This year’s sale is an event not to be missed! Bring
your family, neighbors, and friends...and, if possible, a cardboard box
to get your plants safely home with you.

For more information, please visit
http://www.sausalcreek.org/plantsale.html , email
coordinator at sausalcreek.org , or call (510) 501-3672.
To volunteer to help before or during the sale, contact
nursery at sausalcreek.org or call (510) 325-9006.

Directions:
The nursery is located in Joaquin Miller Park on Sanborn Road. From
Highway 13, go east on Joaquin Miller Road. Turn left on Sanborn and
park near the community center. Follow signs to the nursery, about 1/4
mile.

ph: 510.501.FOSC (3672)
e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org
web: www.sausalcreek.org