[Fosc] Reminder: Peregrine Falcon Talk-Wed., March 21, 7-9 p.m. Dimond Library

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Mon Mar 19 14:36:21 PDT 2012

Hello Friends of Sausal Creek,

A reminder that this Wednesday night is our bimonthly member meeting
featuring a presentation on "Peregrine Falcons:Population Recovery and
Beyond" from 7-9 p.m. at Dimond Library, 3565 Fruitvale Avenue, Oakland.
Learn about peregrine falcon recovery efforts from bird bander and
conservation biologist Glenn R. Stewart, director of the University of
California Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group. Glenn will describe
the techniques used by the Predatory Bird Research Group to achieve the
peregrine falcon population recovery, discuss current studies of the
recovered population that foster conservation education, and make
specific comments about the Sausal Creek Watershed peregrine falcons
that nest at the Fruitvale Bridge. He will be accompanied by a live falcon.

A flyer is available at
http://www.sausalcreek.org/pdf/FOSC_Member_Meeting_Flyer.pdf .

Please pass this information on to your friends and neighbors. I have
posted to the Dimond, Glenview, Oakmore, and Laurel listservs. My
apologies to those who get this information more than once.

Thanks,

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org
web: www.sausalcreek.org