[Fosc] Landscaping for the Watershed Workshop - June 1

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Mon May 7 12:29:51 PDT 2012

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

Attached please find a save the date flyer for a June 1 workshop on
"Landscaping for the Watershed" (flyer text is copied at the bottom of
this email).  "The workshop will be of interest to local governments and
water district staffs involved in stream restoration or maintenance
projects; professional landscape designers and maintenance personnel;
and all levels of government involved in management or protection of
riparian corridors."  I think it will be of interest to some FOSC
volunteers, too!  There is no charge for the workshop.

Please send an email to A.L. Riley (alriley at waterboards.ca.gov
<mailto:alriley at waterboards.ca.gov>) to reserve a seat.  Space is
limited so please send in reservations quickly if you are interested,
even if you only can attend for part of the day.
Note that the program is currently being put together with times.  The
order will change some.

If you RSVP to attend, please let me know, as Megan and I are unable to
attend.

Thanks,
Kimra

*Save the Date*

*Landscaping for The Watershed *

*Sponsored By The Bay Area Watershed Network*

**

*Friday June 1Stop Waste .Org 1537 Webster St., Oakland9:00-4:00*

*The purpose of this workshop is to share information on stream
restoration, green stormwater projects, and public and private area
landscaping strategies to meet differing project objectives for water
conservation, stormwater treatment and habitat creation. We invite the
participants to share their experiences along with the planned speakers.***

**

*Speakers Program**:*

*Mike Lynes:Golden Gate Audubon Society: *

*How To Support Bird Habitat in Riparian Planting Projects*

**

*Joshua Fuller: National Marine Fisheries Service*

*Restoration Design Needs For Salmonidsin Stream Corridors*

**

*Eric Bernsten: California State Water Resources Control Board, and
Diana Dunn The Watershed Project.*

*A survey of LID Landscape BasedStrategies and Construction and Planting
Guidance for Green Stormwater Projects*

**

*Laurette Rogers Project STRAW, and Isaiah Thalmayer Point Reyes Bird
Observatory*

*Case Studies: Riparian Restoration in Suburban Environments*

**

*A.L. Riley: San Francisco Bay Water Resources Control Board *

*Records from San Francisco Bay Riparian Restoration Projects: Plants
that Survive and Plants With High Mortalities*

**

*Juliana Gonzales: The Watershed Project*

*Got Trash ? Trash Monitoring Protocols for Water Quality Monitoring
Programs *

**

*Teresa Eade: StopWaste.Org*

*Bay Friendly Landscaping*

**

*Kat Sawyer : The Watershed Project*

*Adding Rain Water Catchment to Your Projects*

**

*Harold Appleton: Prunuske-Chatham Inc.*

*Lessons From Riparian Restoration Projects on Ranch Lands and Rural
Settings*

**

**

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org