[Fosc] Grass sowing extravaganza at the nursery, Saturday 6/30, 1:30 - 4:30

Karen Paulsell kpaulsell at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 29 13:36:18 PDT 2012

Tomorrow at the nursery, we're going to set up a grass-sowing
assembly line and plant hundreds of native bunchgrasses.  We
direct-sow them into the D16 pots, so it's really quick. And a great
feeling of accomplishment. So come join the fun. Megan says there's
also lots of transplanting to do.

Plus, we're going to make one of our new nursery tables into a grass
propagation table. The birds love sprouted grain, so in the past,
we've tucked the new grass seeds in the greenhouse, then moved them
out after they're too well-rooted for the birds to snatch.  Lots of
wear-and-tear on Megan! The new table will be covered with a light
shade cloth, held up with a PVC frame. So we could use some help with
that, especially if you have a cordless drill to use to drive the
screws for the brackets.

Hope to see you there.