[Fosc] FOSC and Facebook

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Fri Jul 27 11:25:24 PDT 2012

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

Do you love FOSC and enjoy Facebook?

We need some help with our Facebook presence.

A few years ago you may remember that then board member Krisztian Varsa
launched a FOSC Facebook Group and made FOSC a Cause
(www.causes.com/causes/343633-restore-sausal-creek?utm_campaign=home).

At some point our Facebook Group got migrated, so anyone who wanted to
stay a member had to rejoin
(http://www.facebook.com/causes#!/groups/101677546476/).

FOSCer John Slaymaker figured out recently that maybe the better route
is to have a Facebook Non-Profit Organization page,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Sausal-Creek/415295038486127 .
But we can't get a custom URL until we have 30 fans.  So you can help by
liking the Friends of Sausal Creek.

You can help the most by volunteering to help expand our presence by
regularly making posts.  There's a volunteer activity somewhere in the
watershed nearly every weekend of the year, and we can always use more
volunteers. I will admit to you that I am not a Facebook regular, but I
do think that expanding our Facebook presence could grow our volunteer
and even our donor base.  I need some help to do that, please.

Thank you to each of you for supporting FOSC in all the ways that you do.

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org
web: www.sausalcreek.org