[Fosc] Crew Leader Training Event, August 25

Megan Hess megkhess at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:14:31 PDT 2012

All are welcome to attend the upcoming crew leader training next Saturday,
August 25th at the Monterey Redwoods restoration site. We can always use
more crew leaders for large restoration events, and this training will be a
great first step if you're interested in becoming one.  More information is
below.  Please let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to
spread the word!

*Crew Leader Training Event Details*
FOSC crew leaders, site leaders, and other interested volunteers will get
together to discuss best practices in working with volunteers on
restoration projects, as well as going over blackberry removal technique,
and the installation of erosion control materials.  Please RSVP to Megan at
Field at SausalCreek.org, or (510)325-9006, if you would like to attend.

 Please wear sturdy close-toed shoes or boots, long sleeves, and long pants
to protect your skin from the blackberry brambles we'll be removing.
 Snacks, gloves, and tools will be provided (but please feel free to bring
any favorite tools as well, as long as they are clean, to avoid spreading
seeds or pathogens from one site to the next).  Feel free to bring a beach
or camp chair for the first part of the event while we go over best
practices and ideas (we'll have blankets there as well to sit on).

Meeting location: Meet at the Bridgeview trailhead off of Monterey Blvd.
(near the entrance to the Montclair Golf Course).  We'll hike across the
creek and up the switchbacks to the FOSC restoration site.  Map:
http://sausalcreek.org/pdf/monterey_worksite.pdf

--
Megan Hess
Restoration and Nursery Manager