[Fosc] Volunteer project this Friday @ MLK Jr Shoreline

BayArea BayArea at thesca.org
Mon Oct 15 09:59:56 PDT 2012

The Student Conservation Association (SCA) invites the Friends of Sausal Creek to a volunteer project. Year-round, SCA partners with FOSC. You may have seen our high school program at Dimond Park during Winter Solstice or Earth Day.

On Friday, Oct. 19th from 11:30 - 2:30pm, please join the SCA and Pick Up America for a service project in Oakland. SCA is partnering with East Bay Regional Parks to pick up trash and remove invasive species at the MLK Jr. Regional Shoreline. Sign up here: www.thesca.org/OaklandProject<http://www.thesca.org/OaklandProject>

SCA's mission is to build the next generation of conservation leaders and inspire lifelong stewardship of our environment and communities by engaging young people in hands-on service to the land. Pick Up America is the vision of SCA alum Jeff Chen. It's the nation's first coast-to-coast roadside litter pick-up. They started on a tour across the country in 2010 at the Atlantic coast. With the help of friends, strangers who become friends, and some good luck, their team of four professional volunteers pick up trash across this beautiful nation. SCA is excited to partner with Pick Up America as they make their way to the Pacific Ocean. In addition to our service project, volunteers may also participate in Art for the Sky to make a "giant living painting made of people." Come be a part of our picture!

---katie

Katie Myszka
Regional Associate
SCA CA-SW Regional Office
1230 Preservation Park Way
Oakland, CA 94612
P 510.832.1966 x5303
F 510.832.4726
www.thesca.org<http://www.thesca.org/>

Celebrating 50 Years of Students Conserving America
2003 Fire Ed Corps Alumna
2004 Spirit Creek Ed Forest Alumna
CFC #11343

Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/StudentConservationAssociation>