[Fosc] white-throated sparrows in the rain

Mark Rauzon mjrauz at aol.com
Fri Nov 30 18:12:42 PST 2012

During a break in the weather I checked out Dimond Park and found four, (4) White-throated Sparrow in the Demonstration Garden. This sparrow is a rare winter visitor, and over the last few years, I have found one or 2, but now 4 are present. This goes to show how important the restoration work we do is for the local birds. Here is a photo of 2 skirmishing:

http://rauzon.zenfolio.com/p859914566/h4dad430a#h4dacd674

The rains have re-booted the creek and the flow seems to have handled the last rain just fine. Aside from falling bridge parts, the watershed was devoid of broken limbs. In Dimond Park proper, a squirrel hid from a feral cat:

http://rauzon.zenfolio.com/p859914566/h4dad430a#h4dad430a

Let it rain!

Mark Rauzon