[Fosc] rain 'n education matters

Mark Rauzon mjrauz at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 20:49:32 PST 2012

The rains have recharged the watershed, and the creek has managed the flows without any evident flooding. Which reminds me of a song...

This is a love song to water written and produced by Aimée Fields and Billy Reed.  Ten years ago, Aimee was a 9-year old in Sue Morgan's class at Glenview School when Sue led environmental education classes at the FOSC nursery. This fall, Aimée and her boyfriend were in my geography class and put this song together- No time to Waste. Very inspiring to see how kids carry on from their initial contracts with our watershed into a environmental awareness they carry forward in life. How cool is that?!

https://soundcloud.com/aimee-nicole-fields/no-time-to-waste ;

Happy Holidays and best in the New Year.

Mark J. Rauzon
Laney College
Geography Dept.
900 Fallon St.