[Fosc] Spider resource

Camille Nowell camille_fawne at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:26:06 PDT 2012

Hi Mary and group,

Here is a recommendation from a colleague of mine:

One of my favorite little spider books, not specific to CA but
really easy to use with great illustrations is the golden guide "Spiders
 and their kin." http://www.amazon.com/Spiders-Their-Kin-Golden-Guide/dp/1582381569/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345570710&sr=1-1&keywords=spiders+and+their+kin
As far as online resources go, bugguide.net
 is pretty useful with lots of images, maps, and a good search engine.
Maybe the best way to go is to use golden guide to narrow it down and
then search those identifiers in bugguide to see if things match up.
Hope this helps!

Camille