[Fosc] Birding update

Penn Hughes penn.hughes at att.net
Sun Oct 14 19:40:41 PDT 2012

Hi Mark:

Thanks for your note.  I almost could have -- I wish I could have come.

I have an ID question.  I looked up the black throated gray warbler -- toomuch white stripe for the bird I saw at my house.  I think it was a warbler, biggish.  In Sibley's western book, it LOOKED LIKE an immature Pine Warbler, but the range seems wrong.  To summarize, it was like a largish all gray warbler, with a slightly white throat and whitish tail/feather tips.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Penn Hughes