[Fosc] Beaconsfield workday

Richard Kauffman richard at rkcommunications.com
Mon Oct 22 15:24:41 PDT 2012

Beaconsfield Canyon Workday
This Saturday, October 27, 9-12

The thistle got away from us last summer, but there are lots of seeds still
on the ground. We¹ve been thinking up ingenious ways to scoop them up. Bring
your ingenuity and join us. We¹ll also be pulling blackberry, hemlock,
euphorbia, and extending trails on the north facing slope. Gloves, tools,
water and snacks provided. Wear long sleeves, long pants and shoes with good
treads.

If you haven¹t been to Beaconsfield before, fall is a beautiful time to see
it. It¹s a small canyon (5.5 acres) that boasts a stand of rare black
cottonwood trees (the only ones in the East Bay), over 60 native plant
species and four different habitats.
Location: 2639 Beaconsfield Place between Ascot and Chelton drives in
Montclair.
For more info, contact Richard Kauffman at 510-531-1237 or
richard at rkcommunications.com.