[Fosc] Invitation to Reminiscense, an observance by Speaking Tributaries

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Tue Mar 11 16:12:15 PDT 2014

Sausal Creek Friends and Neighbors,

Ana Labastida asked me to pass on the below invitation.  It included a
nice Vernal Equinox graphic and a map to the trailhead which will not
come though on these listservs, so please email the below contact if you
want any more information.

Kimra

***

REMINISCENSE: AN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORY AND WATER

/Reminiscense /is an event of Speaking Tributaries, a collaborative
project by Ana Labastida, Sadie Harmon, Kate Lee Short, and Jesus
Landin-Torrez III that explores the human relationship to the formless
natures of water and memory.

/
Reminiscense /at Sausal Creek is a vital part of the project, allowing
interested parties to interact with the creek through the memories of
Salem Lutheran Home residents and a framework designed for ritual and
contemplation. We are inviting anyone in the community who wishes to
have an intimate experience with populations and issues that are subtle,
hidden, and overlooked.

*WHEN *

*Thursday March 20th*
Morning Event:
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Evening Event
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Because this is intended to be an intentional interaction with the
landscape and personal memories, we ask that participants *RSVP* for the
duration of the performance ritual, and make a best effort to attend. To
RSVP, please reply to this email saying which event you will like to
participate in: morning or evening. *Participation is limited to 8
participants *per session, to ensure an intimate and personal experience.
*
WHERE TO GO**
*
*
*
This event will take the form of a hike that will begin at the
Bridgeview trailhead at Monterey Boulevard in Oakland. Parking readily
available on Monterey Blvd.

*WHAT TO EXPECT*

Because this is intended to be an intentional interaction with the
landscape and personal memories, please note that we will observe
silence through out the event. We ask participants to be aware that the
hike is moderate with inclines, switchbacks, and stairs, _also you will
want to wear rain boots_ because we will be walking through water at
times. You will be asked to carry something to bring to the site.

Total walking time to the site is 20 min each way.
Please visit our website <http://www.speakingtributaries.com>
(http://www.speakingtributaries.com/) for more information or email us
at speakingtributaries at gmail.com <mailto:speakingtributaries at gmail.com>

Hope you can make it!