[Fosc] Sewage Overflow into Sausal Creek

Payam and Genesta Zarehbin payamzi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:33:21 PDT 2014

Hi Kimra,

Thanks for the warning.  We're hosting two large groups of kids in April at
Dimond Park.  In your experience, would something like this be cleared up
by April?  If not, we'll have to do some planning to get the creek blocked
off for those events.

Also, we were unfortunately not able to attend tonight, but I was wondering
if you have any info from the presentation that could easily be forwarded
to me?  It sounded like excellent information to include for our upcoming
elementary school presentations on the restoration work (not to mention for
our own kids.)

Thanks!

Genesta

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Kimra McAfee
<coordinator at sausalcreek.org>wrote:

>  Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,
>

>  We have been informed by City of Oakland Environmental Services that
> yesterday there was a sewage overflow into Sausal Creek.  It was a CAT 1
> overflow.  An 8-inch main sewer discharged from a man hole behind 2432
> Monterey Blvd:  630 gallons discharged from the man hole, 420 gallons
> were recovered, and 210 gallons were lost into Sausal Creek.  City staff
> cleaned the creek area and signs were posted.
>

> City staff recommend staying out of the creek until further notice.
>

> A HUGE thank you to the FOSC water quality monitoring team of Kathleen
> Harris, Carl Kohnert, and Helen Dickson who happened to be doing the first
> round of wet season water quality sampling yesterday, saw the turbidity,
> and called the Public Works Call Center to report the overflow.
> If you smell strong odors or see discolored water in the creek, contact
> the City of Oakland Public Works Call Center via phone at 510-615-5566<%28510%29%20615-5566>,
> email at pwacallcenter at oaklandnet.com, *online
> <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001TMph6lgKywPhYQtHQhC70_zG7a2f3KFNSqnJwMaKr2VT9XeWkQHq4HbWEoOvZ5yV_yrHkr2YjPYmHFMlhwJxXxdytH52-sPrZttwmm1U0iFrLYhZhTQsxpV6ML_CO9EZqULrp8UCvprNVLu7YAZRHIvptc_mvFOKYu3nCeDg_B06M3cwtzCjXHhtkcCgC2AE-69RPusJKZjYMwLf_lbqnnKhQ_dBTlXj0Om2CRX4PvpFM9ZIqpUh1IGA5BxTRZR3&c=jmTzLmULmTnkFh3kmezXAqM4M-LbpF4trC9k6FKxGIY4Y3IzU78NIg==&ch=afi2xaPJzqzS5s85GfroJmrJ1Ohd4HJeCW57gWqse0fNByEEwrQQNQ==>*(
> http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/PWA/Connect/ReportaProblem/index.htm),
> or by SeeClickFix (http://www.seeclickfix.com/oakland/). I hope to see
> many of you at the FOSC meeting at Dimond Library tonight (Wednesday, March
> 19), 7 p.m., to hear Martha Berthelsen's presentation on "Restoration for
> the Birds and the Bees."
>
> Kimra
>
>  ________________________________________
>
> Kimra McAfee, Executive Director
> Friends of Sausal Creek
> P.O. Box 2737
> Oakland, CA 94602
>
> ph:  510.501.FOSC (3672)
> e-mail:  coordinator at sausalcreek.org
> web:  www.sausalcreek.org
>
> *Read FOSC's March-April newsletter at**
> http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs145/1106683795891/archive/1116628428862.html
> <http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs145/1106683795891/archive/1116628428862.html>*

Fruitvale Optometry
www.fruitvaleoptometry.com <http://fruitvaleoptometry.com>
3301 E. 12th suit 109
Oakland, CA, 94601
510-533-6567

"The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless
and until its unity is firmly established"                         --
Baha'u'llah