[Fosc] Coming Up: Creek Clean Up, Dragonfly Talk, and Botany Walk

Kimra McAfee coordinator at sausalcreek.org
Wed May 14 15:42:23 PDT 2014

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

I wanted to highlight a few fun upcoming events.Please share this info
with your friends.

*/In the Creek/**Clean Up Walk
****Sunday, May 18, 10 a.m.
**El Centro**Trailhead *(Map at
http://documents.sausalcreek.org/el_centro_trailhead.pdf) **

Wear your grubbies and boots if you have them; 12 and older only,
please. Please RSVP to coordinator at sausalcreek.org so we can have enough
boots.

**

**

*Dragonflies: Their Lives, Loves, and How to Care for Them*

*Wednesday, May 21, 7 p.m.
Dimond Library, 3565 Fruitvale Ave., Oakland*

Dragonfly expert Kathy Biggs will mesmerize you with stories about these
colorful insects and their fascinating lives. Learn how you can support
their life cycle by creating habitat for them. Kathy is the author of
the authoritative pocket guides for common dragonflies of California and
the Southwest. This bimonthly meeting will open with a brief
presentation from the Joaquin Miller Elementary Ocean Guardians on their
work at Beaconsfield Canyon this school year.
Flyer at
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_Member_Meeting_Flyer_140521.pdf.**

**

**

*Botany Walk in Redwood Regional Park*

*Friday, May 23, 10 a.m. -Noon
*Led by Restoration and Nursery Manager Michelle Krieg, this is an easy
3.7 mile loop hike through redwoods and grassland. We will be enjoying
the diversity of species as well as taking pictures to upload to our
FOSC iNaturalist observations page (sausalcreek.org
<http://sausalcreek.org> > Resources > Nature Observations).

Directions and more information about the hike can be found here:
http://www.bahiker.com/eastbayhikes/redwood.html. We will be meeting at
the Skyline Gate Staging Area at 10 a.m.

Please wear sturdy hiking shoes, sun protection, and bring a water
bottle.  For more information or to RSVP, contact Michelle at
field at sausalcreek.org <mailto:field at sausalcreek.org>.

Thanks,

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org
web: www.sausalcreek.org