[Fosc] Upcoming Friends of Sausal Creek Board Meeting October 8, 2014 Park Blvd. Presbyterian Church, 4101 Park Blvd., 2nd Level Café Area, Oakland

Helen McKinley mckinley.helen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 13:01:34 PDT 2014

Hello Friends - Sending out the upcoming Board meeting agenda for this Wed.
October 8, 2014, and a notice (attached) for next month:  our November 19,
2014 Member meeting at Dimond Library. (This promises to be quite
interesting on the topic of the relationship between raptors and rodents).

I also want flag your attention to our annual Fall Plant Sale and Open
House on October 19, 2014 at our beautiful nursery.  Hope to see you there!

Friends of Sausal Creek
Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, October 8, 2014, 7-9 p.m.
Park Blvd. Presbyterian Church, 4101 Park Blvd., 2nd Level Café Area,
Oakland

*Our mission: to promote awareness and appreciation of the Sausal Creek
Watershed, and to both take and inspire action to restore, preserve, and
protect the creek and its watershed as a natural and community resource *

*Board Involvement: *

*Native Plant Sale and Open House* – Sun., Oct. 19, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
*End of Year Appeal Signing Party* – Wed., Nov. 5, 6 p.m., Richelle’s House

*November Presentation by Lisa Owens Viani Raptors, Rats, and Riparian*
*    Areas  *(flyer attached) – Wed., Nov. 19, 7 p.m.

7:00 Remarks from the Chair
7:10 Board Member Briefing: Richard Kauffman on Vegetation Management
7:30 Community Engagement: Discussion led by Steve Ritchie
7:50 End of Year Appeal Letter Brainstorm
8:05 Minutes and Commitments Review
8:20 Financial Report
Project Timeline and Cash Flow Chart
 Operating Reserve Policy
8:35 Executive Director Responds to Questions on Staff Report (report
attached)
8:50 Round Robin or Reflections – a word or sentence from each person