[Fosc] Job

Donald, Patricia via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Wed Feb 10 15:51:26 PST 2016

Please post this job announcement. We need more applicants in the hiring pool to work at the Shorebird Nature Center and the Adventure Playground. These unique programs challenge students in science, green building alternatives and gaining skills in building and being creative. We are the original Makers- almost 40 years old.  Check out our web site.
Thank-you for your help!

[CityLogo.jpg]

City of Berkeley

Assistant Recreation Coordinator

Salary:  $4,527.00 - $5,264.00 Monthly

(in addition to a generous benefits package)

Final Filing Date:  February 15, 2016, 5:00 p.m.

The City of Berkeley is seeking qualified candidates for an exciting opportunity as Assistant Recreation Coordinator in our Recreation and Youth Services Division!  This division provides a variety of unique and traditional recreational opportunities for all Berkeley citizens with a concentration on youth. The division administers its programs in City parks and facilities and operates the City's recreation centers, swimming pools and campsites (including resident camps at Tuolumne and Echo Lake.)

The Assistant Recreation Coordinator assists in planning, coordinating and supervising various specialized citywide recreation or sports programs including; camps, therapeutic recreation, youth sports, environmental education, teen programming, and special events.

The current vacancy focuses in the areas of Teens, Volunteers and Special Events.

In order to be considered for any of the City's permanent or temporary vacancies for Assistant Recreation Coordinator during the next year, you must submit an employment application, resume, responses to the supplemental questionnaire prior to the application deadline and pass all examination process.

 To qualify, you must have graduated from high school and possess two (2) years of experience in recreation program planning, coordination or leadership. College level coursework in recreation, physical education or a closely related field may be substituted for the experience on a year for year basis.

Applicants passing all examination phases will have their names placed on an employment eligible list that hiring department(s) will use to fill career full-time and temporary positions.

To apply and for more information about this opening, please visit our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/berkeley<http://agency.governmentjobs.com/berkeley/default.cfm>, no later than Tuesday, February 16 at 5:00 p.m. (PST).

Patty Donald
Coordinator
City of Berkeley
Shorebird Nature Center
Adventure Playground
160 University Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94710
510 981-6721
www.cityofberkeley.info/naturecenter

"A child's world is fresh and new and beautiful, full of wonder and excitement. It is our misfortune that for most of us that clear-eyed vision, that true instinct for what if beautiful and awe-inspiring, is dimmed and even lost before we reach adulthood...I would wish that each child in the world could gain a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life.
--Rachael Carson