[Fosc] Cultural History Talk at FOSC Meeting on Wed., March 16, 7 p.m., Dimond Library

Kimra McAfee via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Thu Mar 3 16:36:38 PST 2016

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

Please help us fill the room for our next bimonthly meeting speaker!

Forward the flyer:
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_Member_Mtg_Flyer_160316.pdf

Share the Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1709231589288806/

Pass on the description:

*Ponchos and Frockcoats, Bread and Tortillas: Confluence of Cultures on
Sausal Creek*

*Wednesday, March 16, 7 p.m.
Dimond Branch Library, 3565 Fruitvale Ave., Oakland*

Holly Alonso, executive director of Peralta Hacienda Historical Park,
will paint a detailed picture of how Native Americans and Californios
interfaced during the critical period of 1775 to 1875 and the impact of
that cultural encounter on how we eat, dress, dance, posture, worship,
and perform. She will connect the local cultural history to today's
cultural transitions in the neighborhood.

And bring a friend!

See you soon,
Kimra

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org <mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org>