[Fosc] Holy Molely!

Mark Rauzon via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Fri Apr 8 19:51:06 PDT 2016

This morning, there was a Townsend's Mole in the middle of El Centro Ave, dead, but with no sign of trauma.  When I arrived I saw something in the road and assumed it was a dead birdy, but then came the surprise. It capped a week of morning visits with my camera to photograph how spring bird migration is progressing. I was able to share Mr. Mole  with a class of 20 third graders who had a wide range of reactions to the dead mole, as you might imagine! Here is a set of photos from the creek this week-starting with the mole and moving through the spring birds.

http://rauzon.zenfolio.com/p859914566/h765354e7#h765354e7

Also let this serve as a reminder that next Saturday is the spring quarterly bird survey. Meet at Sequoia Arena at 8:30 to start the monitoring.
Let it rain!

Mark Rauzon