[Fosc] Oakland's Earth Day is Saturday, April 23

Kimra McAfee via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Wed Apr 20 12:34:46 PDT 2016

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

We are excited to again have workdays occurring throughout the watershed
as part of Oakland's Earth Day this Saturday, April 23.  We are
fortunate to have groups of volunteers committed to help at many of our
sites.  I wanted to highlight a few sites without large groups already
committed.

  * Marj Saunders Park, Chelton Dr. and Ascot Dr. - 9 a.m. to noon.
    Volunteers will pick up trash, remove invasive, nonnative species,
    and maintain planted areas.
  * Castle Canyon, Mastlands Dr. and Larry Lane -  9 a.m. to noon.
    Volunteers will haul dead branches and other organic debris out of
    the creek and down the canyon.
  * Historic Cohen Bray House, Oak Tree Garden, 1440 29th Avenue - 10
    a.m. to 2 p.m.  Volunteers will help create a garden space for
    students to learn about urban agriculture and how plants grow.

To volunteer, please sign and bring both of the attached waivers
(available online at
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_City_Waiver.pdf). Minors need
a parent or guardian to sign both forms. Please RSVP for groups of five
or more people. More information can be found on these and all of the
other sites celebrating Earth Day on Saturday at www.sausalcreek.org
<http://www.sausalcreek.org> > Programs > Event Calendar.

Thank you,
Kimra

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org <mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org>
web: www.sausalcreek.org <http://www.sausalcreek.org>

/Mark your calendars for May 3!FOSC is participating in #eastbaygives
and we need your help.
www.eastbaygives.org <http://www.eastbaygives.org>/

__

//