[Fosc] MONDAY: Alameda County vs. Big Oil

Carol Bardoff via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Fri Apr 29 16:21:24 PDT 2016

 Hi, Alameda County fracking & climate community,

*Guess what, Big Oil: The SHOWDOWN is on!*

This Monday is the ultra-critical hearing at the Planning Commission to ban
fracking and other forms of extreme oil extraction in Alameda County. Will
we pass a strong fracking ban that will protect our water and our pristine
home for our children and grandchildren? Or will the industry weaken our
hard-fought protections and take away those things we treasure?

That depends on YOU. *Join us for the showdown at the Planning Commission!
<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=X7ynyoUaTz0Z-Uxp-2r8ag>*

*What:* Alameda County vs. Fracking SHOWDOWN at the Planning Commission
*When:* Monday, May 2, 5:45 to 8:00 p.m.
*Where:* Alameda County Building, 224 W. Winton Ave., Rm. 160, Hayward, CA
94544
*Wear: *Blue, for our water!

In the struggle of Alameda County versus fracking, we know where the real
power lies: with us, the people. The oil industry knows it, and they're
scared. As we saw at the last Planning Commission hearing, they're not
afraid to resort to dirty tactics, like submitting a letter hours before
the hearing to gut the strong protections we've fought for. We can't let
our decision makers cave to industry pressure. So it's more urgent than
ever that we show up and stand our ground.

Sign up today to show our unstoppable power and protect the home we love.
<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=7kczSykZfI6lOdsqsrKuBw>

Thanks for being part of the movement,

Ella Teevan
Northern California Organizer