[Fosc] Raising Awareness with Friends of Sausal Creek!

Michelle Krieg via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Sat May 21 16:16:30 PDT 2016

Dear Friends,

What an incredible day!

Students marched the streets from Dimond Park to Wood Park in Oakland to
raise awareness about trash and illegal dumping in their neighborhood -
chanting, picking up trash, and talking with community members along the
way.

After our march we worked on cleaning up trash and invasive species from
Wood Park, and then enjoyed a picnic to celebrate FOSC's 20th anniversary
year and to thank all of the students who have been volunteering with FOSC
on a monthly basis throughout the year.

Skeo Solutions also interviewed students throughout the day as part of our
community engagement process to improve connectivity across the watershed.
The information gathered will be used to develop a Walkable Watershed
concept plan for the Sausal Creek Watershed:
http://www.walkablewatershed.com/sausalcreek/.

*Here are some pictures of the day for your enjoyment:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1367915606557394.1073741856.415295038486127&type=1&l=c86d3bfa63
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1367915606557394.1073741856.415295038486127&type=1&l=c86d3bfa63>*
Thank you everyone for your continued support! Grab a friend or family
member and get involved - we hope to see you soon!

FOSC Calendar of Events: http://www.sausalcreek.org/#!event-calendar/c190e

Best,
Michelle
--