[Fosc] Park Patrol training dates set for next week

Stan Dodson via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Wed Jun 15 07:44:04 PDT 2016

If you would like to participate in Oakland Volunteer Park Patrol, we have
scheduled our first two training sessions at the Joaquin Miller Park Ranger
Station:

   - Thursday, June 23, 4–7pm
   - Saturday, June 25, 1–4pm

The training program we've developed, first and foremost, will prepare Park
Patrol volunteers to be effective ambassadors in our parks. It will also
equip stewards with skills to assist Public Works, and knowledge to help
first responders in emergencies. Park Patrol, as a pilot program in the
City of Oakland, will operate initially in Dimond Canyon Park and Joaquin
Miller Park only. All park users – hikers, runners, cyclists, dog walkers,
and equestrians – are welcome to participate.

The question I've received most is about time commitment. We are only
asking you to work Park Patrol into your normal routine. There will be no
required shifts or schedules for volunteers.

Get more information about this program at
http://oaklandtrails.org/park-patrol/

Read the latest Park Patrol newsletter HERE
<http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=11d98991efab7d352c6a4b9e2&id=d4b921951c>
.

RSVP for a training session by emailing Park-Patrol at OaklandTrails.org

We're excited to improve the quality and safety of Oakland's wildland
parks. We hope you'll join us!

See you on the trails,

Stan Dodson
*OaklandTrails.org* <http://oaklandtrails.org/>