[Fosc] I shared "Late season clarkias in Joaquin Miller Park, 10JUL2016" with you in OneDrive

Karen Paulsell via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Mon Jul 11 07:41:29 PDT 2016

I've never keyed them myself, but others have, and they're /Clarkia
rubicunda/, farewell-to-spring, not the rare and endangered Clarkia
franciscana, Presidio clarkia. They appear as a pair in the Jepson key:

20' Petals with ± red spot or zone at base
        22. Petals 5–13 mm; stigma not exserted beyond anthers ..... C.
franciscana
        22' Petals 10–30 mm; stigma exserted beyond anthers ..... C.
rubicunda