[Fosc] Celebrate with FOSC at the Dimond Picnic on Sunday, July 17!

Kimra McAfee via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Tue Jul 12 10:43:16 PDT 2016

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

We'd like to ask your help in passing along the details on this Sunday's
celebration in Dimond Park.  If you are connected to another long-time
FOSCer, please send them this email.

Link to flyer:

http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/DimondPoster_July17_2016.pdf

Link to July FOSC newsletter with details (blurb copied below):

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs145/1106683795891/archive/1125177650515.html

Link to FOSC event calendar with more details on FOSC-led events:

http://www.sausalcreek.org/#!event-calendar/c190e
<http://www.sausalcreek.org/#%21event-calendar/c190e>

Share the Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/672949889522376/

*Celebrate in Dimond Park on July 17!*

Celebrate FOSC's 20th anniversary and the grand opening of the Sausal
Creek Restoration Project at the 12th Annual Dimond Park Open House and
Community Picnic. In addition to programmed events, there will be arts
and crafts and field games all day long, community tables (including
microscopes to look at land and water insects with Kathleen Harris and
Eddie Dunbar), free bike tune-ups, and free bike-powered smoothie tastes
until supplies run out. Pack a picnic and spend the whole day in the park!

PROGRAM
8 a.m.: Bird walk in Dimond Canyon with Mark Rauzon (meet at the
recreation center entrance)
10 a.m.: Sausal Creek Restoration Project grand opening; speakers
including mayor, city officials, and FOSC
11 a.m. & 1 p.m.: Insect safaris with Eddie Dunbar

11:15 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.: /I Am Sausal Creek/Yo Soy el Arroyo Sausal/
readings by Melissa Reyes

11:15 a.m. & 2 p.m.: Tours of recently completed restoration project
11:30 a.m.: Register at pool to swim free at 2:30 or 3:30 p.m.
Noon: Free performance by CIRCUS BELLA
2:45 p.m.: Tour of 2001 Dimond Canyon Restoration Project

Parking is limited, so please walk, bike, take public transportation, or
carpool.

We are delighted to partner on this event with *Dimond Improvement
Association* <http://www.dimondnews.org/> and the *City of Oakland*
<http://www.oaklandcreeks.org>.

***

Thank you, and see you Sunday!