[Fosc] Join us! Oakland Volunteer Park Patrol

Stan Dodson via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Fri Aug 12 08:32:41 PDT 2016

Since June, Park Patrol volunteers have already logged more than 300 hours
in Dimond Canyon and Joaquin Miller Park. Our primary function is to
welcome and assist park users – we hand out maps, give trail advice, and
provide information about City services. We also report maintenance issues
to the appropriate City of Oakland agencies, and are prepared to provide
support for first responders in case of emergencies.

We invite all types of park users, including hikers, runners, equestrians,
dog walkers, and mountain bikers. There are no schedules or shifts. Park
Patrol is designed to fit into your normal recreation routine.

There are two training sessions scheduled in August. For all the details,
please visit: http://oaklandtrails.org/park-patrol/

See you on the trails,

Stan Dodson
Co-founder, Oakland Volunteer Park Patrol
Executive Director, OaklandTrails.org

*Park Patrol is an Oakland Public Works Adopt-a-Spot program*