[Fosc] Walkable Watershed Open Houses: Oct. 4, 6-8; Oct. 15, 11-1

Kimra McAfee via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Mon Oct 3 09:48:22 PDT 2016

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

Tomorrow night (Tues., Oct. 4, 6-8 p.m.) is the first of two community
open houses at Chávez Library (near Fruitvale BART) for the Sausal Creek
Walkable Watershed Plan.  I'm looking forward to seeing many of you; I
especially hope that those of you who live between I-580 and the creek's
mouth will be able to stop by either tomorrow night or Sat., Oct. 15, 11
a.m.-1 p.m. to review the draft opportunities maps and provide input on
what projects are priorities to you.

Tomorrow night is a great outreach opportunity to let neighbors coming
off BART know about the Walkable Watershed effort. *We could use the
help of a couple of people*--outgoing folks who enjoy engaging
strangers--to be stationed outside the library and outside the BART exit
to let passersby know that this meeting is happening and another one
coming up.  If you speak Spanish that is helpful, but it is not
necessary; we'll have flyers in English and Spanish for you to give to
interested people.  Please let me know if you are available to help
between 5:45 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. tomorrow night--from a half hour to two
hours, all help is appreciated.

Finally, here are a blurb and links to the flyers to please email to
your neighbors. And if you are on Facebook, please Share the October 4
Facebook Event right now!
https://www.facebook.com/events/298553640536828/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/298553640536828/>

The Friends of Sausal Creek invites you to share your ideas on how to
improve your neighborhood at two upcoming community open houses.  We
will have maps from the draft Sausal Creek Walkable Watershed Concept
Plan for you to review.  We want to hear your thoughts on trails,
community art, access to Sausal Creek, and neighborhood greening between
I-580 and the Oakland Estuary.

*Sausal Creek Walkable Watershed Community Open Houses*

*Tuesday, October 4, 6-8 p.m.*

*Saturday, October 15, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.*

*César E. Chávez Library, 3301 E. 12th St., Suite 271 (Fruitvale BART)*

Maps and comment cards will also be available in the community room
between meetings.  See http://www.walkablewatershed.com/sausalcreek/
<http://www.walkablewatershed.com/sausalcreek/> for more details.  For
more info, contact Kimra at coordinator at sausalcreek.org
<mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org> or (510) 501-3672
<tel:%28510%29%20501-3672>.

Flyer (English):
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/Sausal_Creek_Open_House_Flyer_English.pdf
<http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/Sausal_Creek_Open_House_Flyer_English.pdf>

Flyer (Spanish):
www.documents.sausalcreek.org/Sausal_Creek_Open_House_Flyer_Spanish.pdf
<http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/Sausal_Creek_Open_House_Flyer_Spanish.pdf>

Thanks so much for your help!
Kimra

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org <mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org>
web: www.sausalcreek.org <http://www.sausalcreek.org>
Facebook: www.facebook.com/FriendsOfSausalCreek
<http://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfSausalCreek>

/Don't miss FOSC's Native Plant Sale and Open House on Sunday, October
23, 10-4
Flyer at
/http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_Plant_Sale_Flyer_2016.pdf