[Fosc] Who makes decisions about your favorite parks and trails?

Stan Dodson via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Wed Oct 5 09:42:36 PDT 2016

While national and state officials make important decisions that affect our
lives, it's our local representatives, the ones who represent the streets
and sidewalks in front of our homes and businesses (and our favorite
trails!), that have the most impact on our everyday lives.

Do you enjoy the East Bay Regional Park system? Do you recognize and
appreciate the impact it has on our culture, our health, and our property
values?

This November, we will elect a new East Bay Regional Park District Ward 2
board member. After almost 20 years, John Sutter will retire, leaving the
Ward 2 seat open to four new candidates.

Get to know the candidates tonight, Wed., Oct. 5, from 6:30pm–8:30pm at the
Trudeau Center, 11500 Skyline Blvd, Oakland. Co-hosted by OaklandTrails.org
and the League of Women Voters of Oakland, tonight's forum will help you
make an informed decision in the next election.

For all the details, visit:
http://oaklandtrails.org/ebrpd-ward-2-candidate-forum/

Please forward this invitation.

Background:

The East Bay Regional Park District is governed by a seven-member board of
directors, who are publicly elected to serve four-year terms. Each Board
Member represents a specific geographic area of the Park District. The
District itself comprises all of Alameda and Contra Costa counties.

Ward 2 represents: most of Oakland, Piedmont, Canyon, Moraga, Orinda,
Orinda Village, Rheem Valley, Lafayette, Rossmoor, and part of Walnut Creek.

Parks in Ward 2 include: portion of Briones, Anthony Chabot (north of
Keller Ave. if extended east), Claremont Canyon, Huckleberry, Leona Open
Space, a small portion of Las Trampas, Redwood, Roberts, Sibley, and
Temescal.

See you on the trails,
Stan

Stan Dodson