[Fosc] Native Plant Sale on Sun., Oct. 23, 10-4 - We need HS volunteers and help on final outreach push!

Kimra McAfee via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Wed Oct 19 15:53:47 PDT 2016

Hi Friends of Sausal Creek,

Our annual Native Plant Sale and Open House is this Sunday!  We are
super excited about the additions to this year's line-up (UC Berkeley
Urban Bee Lab talk at noon and building bee houses while supplies last)
and returning tablers, face painters, and the Harlan James Bluegrass
Band (1 p.m.). It's been a couple of years since Karen Paulsell offered
her plant propagation workshop--learn from the expert from 2-3 p.m.  All
details are on the flyer:
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_Plant_Sale_Flyer_2016.pdf.

/Coming down the home stretch, we need a little more help:/

1)  High school students:  We need volunteers to stand at the gate to
the nursery, open and close the gate for shuttle drivers (the drivers
will love you for this, and the customers are so happy to have the lift
for themselves and their new plants!), and direct plant sale customers
to the nursery with a friendly smile.  We usually split this role into
three shifts, but we can be flexible:

Shift 1: 10 a.m.-noon (2 people)
Shift 2: noon-2 p.m. (2 people)
Shift 3: 2-4 p.m. (1 people)

Volunteers get free breakfast/lunch/snacks!  We are happy to document
your hours for community service.  Please email Michelle Krieg at
field at sausalcreek.org <mailto:field at sausalcreek.org> if you are
interested in volunteering during one of these shifts.

2)  Spread the word!

Share our Facebook Event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/515676321975893/

Email your friends, neighbors, and family:

*
*

*Native Plant Sale and Open House*

*Sunday, October 23, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.*

*Friends of Sausal Creek (FOSC) Native Plant Nursery*

*Joaquin Miller Park, Oakland*

Once a year we sell our fantastic native plants to the public; the
majority of the plants we grow are planted by volunteers at restoration
sites throughout the watershed.Our knowledgeable and friendly volunteers
will be available all day to help you pick out native plants for your
specific planting areas.

Flyer:

http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_Plant_Sale_Flyer_2016.pdf

Plant sale availability list:

http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_Plant_Sale_Availability_2016.pdf

*Presentations:*

12-12:30 p.m. - /Gardening for Bees /by UC Berkeley Urban Bee Lab

2-3 p.m. - /Propagating Native Plants /by Karen Paulsell

**

*Live Music:*

1 p.m. - Harlan James Bluegrass Band

**

*All Day:*

Info on gardening - Alameda County Master Gardeners

Info on water conservation gardening - EBMUD

Info on urban gardening and homesteading - Pollinate Farm & Garden

Info on native pollinators - UC Berkeley Urban Bee Lab

Free facepainting and clean water activity books for kids

*While Supplies Last:*

Build (and take home) a native bee box

Thank you to EBMUD for generously sponsoring this family-friendly event.

Thanks, FOSCers, and see you Sunday!
Kimra

e-mail: coordinator at sausalcreek.org <mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org>
web: www.sausalcreek.org <http://www.sausalcreek.org>