[Fosc] Creek is rushing

Karen Paulsell via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Mon Oct 24 17:58:38 PDT 2016

Stan says they didn't show up for  1/2 hour, that's a lot of chloramine
down the drain.  I haven't a clue how long it took to get it stopped.
The shots on the news were incredible, a 16" pipe carries a lot of
water! Egads, where is the kayak?

I went by late Saturday, the EBMUD sandbags and the orange mesh covering
was still over the only storm drain inlet I saw. I think those mesh
coverings have pockets for big chloramine neutralizer tablets, but did
not check to see if they were installed.

There were a bunch of trucks flood/fire company clean-up trucks at one
of the private properties on Montana St. And a lot of silt here and
there on the streets.

Someone from one of the little dead-end streets near Wood Park said that
EBMUD was down in the creek later the day of the break, checking under
rocks to see if the aquatic insects had been impacted, they said things
okay. I'll believe if/when Kathleen confirms it!