[Fosc] Creek is rushing

via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Tue Oct 25 08:41:10 PDT 2016

Hello all,
Remember the fire hydrant break at the top of the watershed, near the Chabot Space & Science Center, on September 1st, 2013? That was chloraminated water, and a lot of it. I found dead damselfly larvae just after.
But, within a week, we did a survey at the tot lot, and found the bugs that we'd expect in the creek.
The drought has appeared to be much tougher on the bugs than that release, with fewer types of insects and fewer numbers with each year of the drought.
I don't know long-term effects of chloramine. I'll forward this to a friend at Fish& Wildlife, and see what he thinks.
Kathleen