[Fosc] January Events Along or Near the Shoreline

Kimra McAfee via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Thu Jan 5 12:39:29 PST 2017

Happy New Year Friends of Sausal Creek!

We have three upcoming events along or near the shoreline. Please mark
your calendars and share with your friends and neighbors.

*King Tides Walk Along the Waterfront*

*Thursday, January 12, 10 a.m.-noon*

*Fruitvale Bridge Park (Fruitvale Ave. & Alameda Ave.), Oakland*

Join local historian Dennis Evanosky for this walking tour and learn the
history of the waterway along the shoreline, where Sausal Creek now
flows into the estuary via a culvert. This event takes place during one
of the King Tides of 2017, and participants are encouraged to bring
their camera and help document what our daily tides may look like in the
future as a result of sea level rise. See
http://california.kingtides.net/for more information on the California
King Tides Project.

Meet at the benches at Fruitvale Bridge Park, which is at the
intersection of Fruitvale Avenue and Alameda Avenue. Please wear sturdy
shoes. Rain will not cancel the walk--it could make the observations
even more interesting!For more information, contact Kimra at
coordinator at sausalcreek.org or (510) 501-3672,

Flyer:

http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/KingTidesWalk2017Flyer.pdf

Share the Facebook Event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1229188163841717/

*Martin Luther King, Jr.Workday*

*Meet at the Jingletown Native Plant Garden Art Wall (Peterson St. &
Ford St.)*

*Monday, January 16, 9 a.m.-noon
*Join FOSC and Jingletown Arts & Business Community to clean up the
shoreline and tend to the Jingletown Native Plant Garden. All tools and
instruction will be provided. Please wear sturdy shoes, long pants, and
warm clothes. Please RSVP to education at sausalcreek.org or (510) 853-3533
for groups of 6 or more.

English flyer:

http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/2017_MartinLutherKingJr.ServiceDay.pdf

Spanish flyer:

http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/2017_MartinLutherKingJrServiceDay_Spanish.pdf

Share the Facebook Event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/557905231071191/

**

*State of the Watershed 2017
Wednesday, January 18, 7-9 p.m.
Fruitvale-San Antonio Senior Center, 3301 E. 12^th St., Suite 201 (2^nd
Floor), Oakland*

Please join us to celebrate the release of the /Sausal Creek Walkable
Watershed Concept Plan/. We will learn about the fish, frogs, and birds
that make use of the watershed between the creek's mouth and I-580, and
we will talk about ways that plan features like green streets and rain
gardens can enhance our neighborhoods and create wildlife habitat. For
more information, contact Kimra McAfee at (510) 501-3672 or
coordinator at sausalcreek.org <mailto:coordinator at sausalcreek.org>.

Share the Facebook Event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1678913182400487/

Thank you!