[Fosc] Free Hiking Tour on MLK Day

Stan Dodson via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Sat Jan 14 07:18:58 PST 2017

I'll be leading a 6 mile hiking tour on Monday, January 16 at 9am. We'll
leave from the Dimond District, hike through Dimond Canyon and to the top
of Joaquin Miller Park, then head partially down to Lookout Point and the
Abbey for a bus ride back down to Dimond. There will be shorter options
(approx. 4 and 5.5 miles) if you'd like to catch an earlier bus.

It is a magical time to experience these parks. The creeks and streams are
full, and the view from Lookout Point should be spectacular.

For all the details and to register, please go to
https://oakland-hike-mlk-day.eventbrite.com

See you on the trails,

Stan Dodson
*OaklandTrails.org* <http://oaklandtrails.org/>

*Oakland Trails is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization working to
promote, maintain, and enhance Oakland's wildland parks and trails. Please
support our work at **http://oaklandtrails.org/donate/
<http://oaklandtrails.org/donate/>*

*Hiking tours are courtesy of Oakland Volunteer Park Patrol
<http://oaklandtrails.org/park-patrol/>, and sponsored by Oaktoberfest in
the Dimond.*