[Fosc] Saturday workday in Beaconsfield Canyon

Richard Kauffman via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Mon May 22 10:20:19 PDT 2017

Volunteer Workday this Saturday in Beaconsfield Canyon, 9-12

Join us on Saturday, 9-12, for our monthly weedfest. We have thistle, erharta, forget me nots, an intriguing infestation of Chinese tree of heaven, and even some French broom to evict from the canyon. We have trails that need maintenance from the winter rains. If you haven’t been to Beaconsfield, it’s a beautiful place to work with a variety of habitats, sun and shade. We meet at 2639 Beaconsfield Place, just off Chelton Drive in Montclair. Park on the pavement and walk in on the dirt road. Wear long sleeves and long pants (no matter what the weather) and closed-toe shoes with good tread for steep or slippery ground. We supply gloves, tools, water, snacks. Bring a hat and sunscreen. For more info, email richard at rkcommunications.com <mailto:richard at rkcommunications.com>.