[Fosc] Estuary Walk on 6/11/17, Solstice Potluck and Tool Restoration on 6/20/17

Kimra McAfee via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Tue Jun 6 18:52:01 PDT 2017

Hi FOSCers,

Hopefully everyone got the June FOSC newsletter earlier today. (If you
think you are subscribed, but didn't find it in your in box, please let
me know!) It was packed full of events and news. I want to highlight two
upcoming events.

1) *This Sunday! June 11, 10-12:30 p.m.*

*Jingletown Estuary and Art Walk*

Meet at the native plant garden on Peterson Street between Ford and
Chapman streets, Oakland

We are thrilled to team up with local historian Dennis Evanosky and
community organizer Cynthia Elliot for a walk through Jingletown near
where Sausal Creek meets the estuary. This walk coincides with the East
Bay Open Studios, so plan to visit some studios afterwards. Find out
more about Jingletown's art scene at www.jingletown.org
<http://www.jingletown.org>. For more information on the walking tour,
contact Jill at field at sausalcreek.org <mailto:field at sausalcreek.org>.

Flyer at: http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/Estuary_Walk_Flyer.pdf

2) Please mark your calendar and spread the word about our annual
summertime potluck. This year we are combining the potluck with a much
needed task--tool sharpening.  We do need helpers, but please come
celebrate the solstice with us even if you don't want to sharpen tools!
The daylighted section of creek in Dimond Park is one year old--if you
haven't visited it lately, here's your excuse.

*Summer Solstice Potluck and Tool Restoration *

*Tuesday, June 20, 6-8 p.m.*

Meet at the Scout Hut in Dimond Park(we'll gather at the nearby picnic
tables)

Flyer
at:http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_Solstice_Potluck_Tool_Restoration_Flyer_2017_0620.pdf

See you soon!