[Fosc] Park Patrol celebrates first year of service

Stan Dodson via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Tue Jun 27 08:53:17 PDT 2017

It's been one year since we launched Oakland Volunteer Park Patrol. We are
now 44 volunteers strong - hikers, mountain bikers, trail runners, and dog
walkers - using our training to help welcome and assist park users, report
maintenance issues, and assist OPD and OFD in emergencies.

We've logged 2,969 volunteer hours and have assisted 2,756 park users.
We've led 15 free hiking tours, remove litter and graffiti, and this
winter, when the trails took a beating, we cleared more than 200 fallen
trees, keeping the trails open and safe for all users.

We're also team players! We proudly support and assist the efforts of the
Bicycle Trails Council, Friends of Sausal Creek, Friends of Joaquin Miller
Park, and Oakland Public Works. We've led youth, church organizations, and
corporate teams in park work days, and we continue to work closely with OPD
and OFD to help improve emergency preparedness inside the parks.

We need your support! <https://oaklandtrails.org/donate/>

Our stewardship program requires funding for tools and materials. We are an
all-volunteer organization, so your contribution goes directly to support
our mission to help promote, maintain, and enhance Oakland's wildland parks
and trails.

With donation levels as low as $10, every little bit helps!

To learn more about our stewardship programs, sign up for a free hiking
tour, and make a tax-deductible contribution, please visit OaklandTrails.org

See you on the trails,

Stan Dodson
Founder & Executive Director
Oakland Trails