[Fosc] reek restoration and landscape ecology classes at Merritt College this fall

Martha Berthelsen via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Sat Jul 15 15:31:22 PDT 2017

Hi all Friends of Sausal Creek -

Please help us spread the word about field-based classes at Merritt
College, exploring our wonderful local natural resources and learning about
and how to restore and protect them. Sign up this month, classes begin Aug.
21.

*Ecology, Culture, and Stewardship of Calif Landscapes:* * ENVMT 42,
Saturdays, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.*   Explore our cultural relationships to
nature and new paradigms of stewardship; on field trips we will learn about
the major ecological heritages in the Bay Area.  *Instructor: Clay
Anderson,  naturalartt at gmail.com <naturalartt at gmail.com>*

*Introduction to Creek and Watershed Restoration: ENVMT 44   Sundays, 10:00
am – 1:00 pm.   *Investigate possibilities and challenges in restoration of
urban creeks. We’ll visit local restoration sites, assess water quality and
riparian habitat, and observe and discuss principles of hydrology.
Instructor: Martha Berthelsen, mberthelsen at peralta.edu

*To register, go to **www.peralta.edu* <http://www.peralta.edu/>*.* For
more information about additional Environmental Management and Technology
(ENVMT) classes and certificate programs, visit *www.ecomerritt.org
<http://www.ecomerritt.org>*

A flyer is attached.
*Thanks!*