[Fosc] This Saturday: Pull Acacia for Elephants

Jill Miller via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Tue Jul 18 13:17:26 PDT 2017

Join Friends of Sausal Creek for a multi-purpose weed pull as we remove
invasive acacia trees that will be used to feed elephants, giraffes, and
camels at the Oakland Zoo. No weed pulling or tree chopping experience
needed! All tools, instruction, and snacks will be provided. We will be
working with saws on a steep hillside; youth under 15 should be accompanied
by an adult who is able to provide close supervision. Please wear sturdy
shoes, long pants, layers, and bring a water bottle.

Meet at the Friends of Sausal Creek nursery on Sanborn Rd. next to the
Woodminster Amphitheater in Joaquin Miller Park. Map:
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/nursery_worksite.pdf. Walk in past the
yellow gate and stay to the left, following nursery signs. The nursery will
be on your left, about a 5 minute walk.

Please RSVP or direct questions to field at sausalcreek.org. To volunteer,
please sign and bring both the FOSC and City of Oakland waiver forms. If
you are under 18 you will also need a parental signature on both forms.

Waivers: http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_City_Waiver.pdf.

Thanks!
--

*Jill Flaningam Miller*
*Restoration and Education Manager*
email: field at sausalcreek.org
web: www.sausalcreek.org
cell: 510.853.3533

[image: Inline image 1]
*Oakland Zoo resident Donna Elephant enjoying some Sausal Creek watershed
acacia*

​