[Fosc] Fall 2017 Creek and Watershed class at Merritt College start 8/21/17* ENROLL TODAY!

Stern, Jennifer via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Fri Jul 28 16:11:55 PDT 2017

Merritt College is offering some great classes this fall related to stewardship, creeks and watersheds. This is a great opportunity to learn more about riparian ecosystems and restoration. See attached flyer and agenda. You may even be able to recruit some new volunteers for your site!

Join these field based classes this fall at Merritt College in Oakland!
AUGUST 21 - DECEMBER 15, 2017

Introduction to Creek and Watershed Restoration: ENVMT 44
Sundays, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.   Investigate possibilities and challenges in restoration of urban creeks. We’ll visit local restoration sites, assess water quality and riparian habitat, and observe and discuss principles of hydrology.
Instructor: Martha Berthelsen, mberthelsen at peralta.edu<mailto:mberthelsen at peralta.edu>
Ecology, Culture, and Stewardship of California Landscapes:  ENVMT 42
Saturdays, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Explore our cultural relationships to nature and new paradigms of stewardship; on field trips we will learn about the major ecological heritages in the Bay Area.

Instructor: Clay Anderson,  naturalartt at gmail.com<mailto:naturalartt at gmail.com>

SEE FLYER ATTACHED FOR CLASS DETAILS & ENROLLMENT CODES.
​To Register ​for ENVMT classes​ go to www.peralta.edu<http://www.peralta.edu/>.
*Register first as a student with the Peralta District; then ​Enroll in ​the classes you choose.
3 unit classes typically cost ~$150. High school students may concurrently enroll for FREE.
A small health fee provides student access to health care for the semester.
ENROLL TODAY to ensure classes run!

For ​assistance or ​more information about Environmental Management and Technology (ENVMT) classes and certificate programs, please visit  www.ecomerritt.org<http://www.ecomerritt.org/> or call (510) 466-7368<tel:(510)%20466-7368>​​

Jennifer Stern
Environmental Stewardship Analyst
Environmental Services Division
City of Oakland  |  Oakland Public Works |  APWA Accredited
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5301  |  Oakland, CA  94612
(510) 238-6191  |  (510) 238-7286 Fax
JStern at oaklandnet.com<mailto:Lmoore at oaklandnet.com>

Volunteer to clean and green Oakland! www.OaklandAdoptASpot.org<http://www.oaklandadoptaspot.org/>

Report A Problem  |  Public Works Call Center  |  (510) 615-5566<http://www.oaklandrecyles.com/>
www.oaklandpw.com<http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/PWA/Connect/ReportaProblem/index.htm> | opwcallcenter at oaklandnet.com<mailto:pwacallcenter at oaklandnet.com> | Mobile app: SeeClickFix<http://www.seeclickfix.com/oakland/>