[Fosc] Pallid Manzanita Workday at Big Trees Colony, Sat., Aug. 5, 9 a.m.-noon

Jill Miller via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Sun Jul 30 15:51:00 PDT 2017

Friends of Sausal Creek is hosting a workday at the Big Trees pallid
manzanita colony on Saturday, August 5, from 9 a.m. to noon, and we could
use your help!

Please join us to help enhance habitat for the endangered pallid
manzanita.  We will focus on eliminating shading around the manzanitas by
pruning overhanging branches and removing vegetation.  We will also pull
invasive plants and work on cutting dead trees that have fallen on some of
the manzanita plants.

Please contact Jill Miller at field at sausalcreek.org or (510) 853-3533 with
any questions or to RSVP.

For directions, search "Redwood Glen Trailhead Oakland" in Google Maps.
This trailhead is located on Skyline Blvd. between Roberts Regional
Recreation Area and Chabot Space and Science Center.  Look for a pull-out
on the southwest side of Skyline Blvd.

If you have not volunteered with FOSC in the past year, please sign and
bring the FOSC and City of Oakland volunteer waiver forms (
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/FOSC_City_Waiver.pdf).  Anyone under
18 will also need a parental signature.

Flyer at:
http://www.documents.sausalcreek.org/Pallids_Aug5_Workday_Flyer.pdf

Share the Facebook Event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1918718671729987

Thanks!

Jill

--
*Jill Flaningam Miller*
*Restoration and Education Manager*
email: field at sausalcreek.org
web: www.sausalcreek.org
cell: 510.853.3533

​​Pallid manzanita (*Arctostaphylos pallida*) in bloom. *Photo: Michelle
Kreig*