[Fosc] Park Patrol training on Sept 21

Stan Dodson via Fosc fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org
Sat Aug 12 12:31:14 PDT 2017

We have scheduled the next Park Patrol training session:

*Thursday, September 21, 6pm–9pm*

Location:

Dimond Branch Library (upstairs)
3565 Fruitvale Ave
Oakland, CA 94602

The training program we've developed, first and foremost, prepares Park
Patrol volunteers to be effective ambassadors in our parks. It also equips
stewards with the knowledge to assist Public Works, and the skills needed
to help expedite emergency response in the parks.

*Click HERE for a 2016 article about Park Patrol in the East Bay Times.*
<http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/10/18/oakland-ambassadors-help-park-users-navigate-trails/>

Park Patrol volunteers must complete one training session and exhibit
comprehensive knowledge of the trail system before receiving their Park
Patrol jersey. CPR and First Aid Certification is strongly encouraged, and
may be provided by the Oakland Fire Department at a later date.

Once you're trained, there are no schedules. You simply participate in Park
Patrol while enjoying your regular recreation routine. Hikers, runners, dog
walkers, mountain bikers, and equestrians are all welcome. Please read the
full program description here <https://OaklandTrails.org/Park-Patrol>.

*Class size is limited. To register (required), please click HERE.*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYWes_xJhpaELa6B_nGyyzcjs0SqAuCSRNOGlkRxKXDhT0LA/viewform>

See you on the trails,

Stan Dodson
*Oakland Trails* <http://oaklandtrails.org/>

*Oakland Trails is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to promoting,
maintaining, and enhancing Oakland's wildland parks and trails. Please
support our work at **http://oaklandtrails.org/donate/
<http://oaklandtrails.org/donate/>*